[coreboot] Who is still using a 1980's tty for coreboot development?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Fri May 25 17:35:51 CEST 2018

I've just done an exercise with clang-format and tried 80, 100, 120, and
132 column formatting on the riscv arch code, see here:
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/26512/

overall, after staring at it a bit, I found 132 the most readable. I find
breaking strings and folding parameters to adhere to 80 column limits very
irritating. I don't think that's just me.

if you look at the changes, it's not huge. In some cases, e.g.
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/26512/2/src/arch/riscv/mcall.c,
IMHO the result is a dramatic improvement in readability and use of
vertical space.

Note that in one place I turned formatting off. I don't think we want to
make a habit of this, but thought the demo was useful.

ron