[coreboot] When does AMD release the fam15 spectre microcode updates?

Andrew Luke Nesbit ullbeking at andrewnesbit.org
Wed May 23 23:37:47 CEST 2018

On 23/05/2018 20:55, ron minnich wrote:

> On Wed, May 23, 2018 at 12:54 PM Rudolf Marek <r.marek at assembler.cz
> <mailto:r.marek at assembler.cz>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     Dne 22.5.2018 v 07:03 Taiidan at gmx.com <mailto:Taiidan at gmx.com>
>     napsal(a):
>

>     > don't they have those in this update? Would it be possible to
>     easily add
>     > the support flags without microcode for those who use libreboot?
>
>     So libreboot guys don't want any fixes for a CPU?
>

> I've been wondering about this. IIRC the original motivation for the
> libreboot fork was microcode.
> Is microcode still out of bounds for libreboot?

I don't know if the original motivation still applies.  This is an
important discussion to have.

I've pinged the folks in #libreboot and #vikings on Freenode to alert
them to this discussion.  There are probably other relevant channels
I've missed.

Hopefully somebody with a wider and deeper understanding of the issue
than I have is reading this list.  Hopefully they will chime in and
provide a more authoritative answer.  If not I will keep pestering them
because I don't want to see this unresolved, but I would like to help
out however I can and learn whatever is needed to make a positive
contribution.

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9