[coreboot] Proposing a change to Coding Style

Julius Werner jwerner at chromium.org
Fri May 18 22:08:17 CEST 2018

Looks like I'm a little too late and outnumbered here, but I really don't
like this. It moves us away from kernel style unnecessarily, which both
makes importing code more cumbersome and adds cognitive load to the many of
us that regularly work on both coreboot and Linux. I also agree with the
vertical space issue Vadim mentioned -- source code lines aren't free (in
your brain).

The "danger" of this should be an absolute non-issue if we have checkpatch,
because it will just catch that. I also have to admit I saw a problem with
this maybe once in 5 years, I'm really surprised that everyone thinks this
is a big deal.