[coreboot] Thinkpad X230: store the proprietary VGA bios in the blobs repo?

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Thu May 17 00:16:27 CEST 2018

Martin Kepplinger wrote:
> Unfortunately I haven't yet found a license applying to it. I'm
> thankful for hints.

I don't think it's possible to acquire the VGA BIOS standalone under
a license permitting redistribution. I think only IBVs may redistribute
as part of their products, and of course only according to their NDAs
with Intel.

If the file is somewhere on the internet that's great. If the host
seems stable maybe some automation to pull it into the build could
be added (with proper checksum), but I'd forget about storing it on
coreboot.org.

//Peter