[coreboot] Thinkpad X230: store the proprietary VGA bios in the blobs repo?

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Wed May 16 16:16:40 CEST 2018

Hi,

As documented at
https://www.coreboot.org/Board:lenovo/x230#Proprietary_components.27_status
and verified by my recent tests, anyone running GRUB on the harddrive or
Windows,
needs an extracted VGA bios binary on the X230.

This is identical for all X230 models. There have been vga bios binaries
in the blobs repo in the past, so why not put this in?

Is there a place inside blobs, the coreboot build can pick it up from,
automatically?
I guess a new config option would be needed here, but I'm not entirely
sure.

Unfortunately I haven't yet found a license applying to it. I'm thankful
for hints.

thanks,

                                   martin