[coreboot] FSP 2.0 headers in coreboot

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Fri May 11 01:39:40 CEST 2018

Not to jump too far into the fray, but couldn't this be handled by
simply not blocking coreboot development on proprietary blobs?  For
instance, if someone wants to implement a feature that requires
repository-wide changes (e.g. the timestamp stuff that went in a couple
of years back) that happens to break only some blobby boards, that the
feature should be implemented anyway and the broken blobby boards added
back in as the vendor has time / inclination to fix?

Basically, this seems to be what Linux already does for kernel work.
The benefit of upstreaming open code is that other people will maintain
it for you, but if you really need to publish a binary only driver
(NVIDIA) then you have the full burden of maintenance on yourself as the
vendor.  This encourages contribution back without putting an arbitrary
administrative limit on what kind of blob level is acceptable.

- --
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering
+1 (415) 727-8645 (direct line)