[coreboot] [URGENT] Full List of AMD-based boards that are going to be removed from coreboot unless people cough up a board status update

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed May 2 19:34:26 CEST 2018

On 02.05.2018 17:53, Piotr Król wrote:
> On 04/28/2018 03:46 PM, ron minnich wrote:
>> This is a *personal* opinion, not supported by anyone else I
>> suppose, but:
>>
>> I don't think it's unreasonable to ask that people send in board
>> status 2 times a year.
>>
>> That's it. It makes it easier for potential users, and for people
>> maintaining the tree.
>>
>> Sound ok?
>
> Twice a year sounds ok. I still think this should be tied to release
> cycle, which IMO is not clear at this point. If release cycle would be
> similar to Linux then I would imagine status update should be sent at
> - -rcX stage and then after stable release.

Removing boards from the master branch happened right after releases
before. coreboot releases are not "stable" btw. more reference points.

Related: coreboot desperately needs a release manager. We had a 6 month
release cycle, IIRC. I guess the last has been due in April, but nobody
talked about it yet. Neither have we published the release notes of the
4.7 release [1], afaics.

Nico

[1] https://pads.ccc.de/s7c2eXetAu