[coreboot] How to start GRUB2 in graphic mode as primary payload?

G giulio at anche.no
Sun Mar 25 18:41:20 CEST 2018

  On 2018-03-25 12:15, Nico Huber wrote:
> Hello Giulio,
>
>   CONFIG_GENERIC_LINEAR_FRAMEBUFFER
>
> as opposed to the
>
>   CONFIG_VGA_TEXT_FRAMEBUFFER=y

Hello again,
i started with a clean coreboot config and a clean grub2 config just
configuring the minimum required. It now seems to work as grub is
to be the correct 1366x768.
The 'videoinfo' command now shows "Coreboot Video Adapter" and the an
empty list (no resolution and/or other infos).
I still can't get the background image to work but this look like a big
improvment.

I'm attaching the new coreboot and grub config in case anyone has
similar problems.

Thanks
Giulio