[coreboot] Server systems shipped with coreboot

thierry.laurion at gmail.com thierry.laurion at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:21:53 CEST 2018

Sorry for the previous mistypings. Redoing this mail properly.

On 03/24/2018 07:41 PM, Thierry Laurion wrote:
> Hi all, > > Le ven. 23 mars 2018 13:56, <tpearson at raptorengineering.com
<mailto:tpearson at raptorengineering.com>> a écrit : > > I am not a
lawyer, but have some understanding of the relevant liability > law.
This is not legal advice. > > If damage is cause to the hardware that
the ME would have prevented, very > likely. > Damage prevented by ME?
> > Same goes for any security holes opened by removing the ME. >
Security holes opened by removing the ME? fTPM? What else is implied here?
> > This > is not a supported option by Intel, so (practically*) they
have no further > liability for anything that goes wrong on ME scrubbed
systems. > > * You would need to prove in an airtight manner that the
same defect shows > up on fully updated ME-enabled systems. Given the
closed nature of the ME > this may be difficult in a legal environment
short of reproducing a defect > across multiple ME-enabled identical
systems. > > > Hi all, > > > > Searching legal implications of reselling
deblobbed hardware, and can't > > fight straight answers. > > > > If the
bios is replaced, and ME is disabled with its modules erased, could > >
the maker pursue the seller for having made those modifications? > > > >
Thanks, > > Thierry > > > > Le mar. 23 janv. 2018 13:56, Timothy Pearson

<mailto:coreboot at coreboot.org> > >>