[coreboot] Server systems shipped with coreboot

thierry.laurion at gmail.com thierry.laurion at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 17:12:00 CEST 2018

For the KGPE-D16, an integration effort was made in Heads to support
such board.

https://github.com/osresearch/heads/issues/134

  * OpenBMC support merged into coreboot so the server can boot
  * Flashrom support to flash OpenBMC directly from within Heads
  * Flashrom support to reflash Heads internally
  * Multiboot support, QubesOS support

Thanks Timothy for all the great work that was accomplished on that
board in the past years.

TPM2 integration is still missing though. Don't hesitate to collaborate
onto  heads to integrate VBOOT changes. 16Mb of SPI flash is more then
enough to support it.

Talos II cannot actually fulfill most of the threat models that the
KGPE-D16 can with Heads + QubesOS combined.

That is why i'm interested in the legal implications and limitations of
selling such systems with replaced firmwares. That and the
deactivation/suppression of ME/PSP blobs.

Couple of interesting hints given here legally. Thanks a bunch. Will
have official legal advices in the next coming days. Will share them back.

Thierry