[coreboot] How to start GRUB2 in graphic mode as primary payload?

G giulio at anche.no
Sun Mar 25 14:49:19 CEST 2018

On 2018-03-25 12:15, Nico Huber wrote:
> Hello Giulio,
>
>   CONFIG_GENERIC_LINEAR_FRAMEBUFFER
>
> as opposed to the
>
>   CONFIG_VGA_TEXT_FRAMEBUFFER=y
>
> that you have currently selected.
>
> I'm not sure if you have to configure anything in GRUB too, to get the
> background image to work. I would guess that it just works, though.
>
> Nico

Hello, thanks for your help.

I have made the change you told me and rebuilt coreboot but it sill
looks like Grub is not in graphic mode. If i use the 'videoinfo' command
the list is still empty wich should mean that Grub can't find any
display/graphic info.

The update section in .config:
#
# Display
#
# CONFIG_VGA_TEXT_FRAMEBUFFER is not set
CONFIG_GENERIC_LINEAR_FRAMEBUFFER=y
CONFIG_LINEAR_FRAMEBUFFER=y
# CONFIG_SMBUS_HAS_AUX_CHANNELS is not set
CONFIG_PCI=y
CONFIG_MMCONF_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_HYPERTRANSPORT_PLUGIN_SUPPORT is not set
CONFIG_PCIX_PLUGIN_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS_PLUGIN_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_AZALIA_PLUGIN_SUPPORT is not set
CONFIG_PCIEXP_PLUGIN_SUPPORT=y
# CONFIG_EARLY_PCI_BRIDGE is not set
CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_VENDOR_ID=0x0000
CONFIG_SUBSYSTEM_DEVICE_ID=0x0000
# CONFIG_INTEL_GMA_ADD_VBT_DATA_FILE is not set
# CONFIG_SOFTWARE_I2C is not set

Giulio