[coreboot] Minnowboard

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 19:34:41 CET 2018

> It shows under position of ME. ME for Bay Trail is called TXE.

I need to intervene here. TXE is a security engine, doing in HW MD5,
sha256, sha1024 signatures, and more. It is used for locking and
factory programming the device, also. This has nothing to do with ME.

ME is completely different animal, and it lives in CORE, I am not sure
if such a thing/ME exists in ATOM families. I would say rather not.

TXE supposed to be slim TXE, around 1.5MB, which is dormant one. The
full blown TXE is around 3MB in size, IIRC.

There were essays written here about ME, please, find them, and start
reading them,

The CORE families have on the lowest flash address (first 4KB) fd
(file descriptor), followed by GbE, then by ME, and lastly comes BIOS
(base 3MB BIOS + integrated TXE, vBIOS or GOP - CSM setting wise,
proper MCU). For latest CORE families the flash is 16MB in size.
Usually last 2MB or 3MB of flash are empty. Where Coreboot should be
written. Written, but not written in the manner that parts of the BIOS
are overwritten (the latest BIOS region is PCH soft straps table (for
CORE, IIRC), which in BYT case is integrated in SoC, anyway),

There are more to it, since I start forgetting this stuff, but as I
read these messages I start recalling. :-)

Zoran
_______