[coreboot] [RFH] Please upload board status for your board

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Wed Mar 21 10:23:41 CET 2018

On 21.03.2018 07:00, Paul Menzel wrote:
> Please make sure, that in the coreboot repository `git describe --
> dirty` doesn’t return a string with *dirty* in it. Often it is caused
> by changes in the directory `3rdparty`, which you can fix by running
> `make gitconfig` and `git sup`.

This is futile, atm. With the current board-status script, it's too easy
to upload status with a wrong version string. So we have to expect it to
be wrong anyway.

> Note, SeaBIOS master is currently broken, meaning that, there are huge
> delays if a TPM chip is not found [2]. So, please stay with 1.11.0 or
> 1.11.1 until the patches [3] are added to SeaBIOS’ master branch.

Is SeaBIOS a requirement for board status now? And what difference would
the delay in the payload make to the board status?

> PS: I am aware, that the board status script needs to be made more user
> friendly, but as long as nobody has time to improve it, it’s what we
> have.

User-friendliness is not the only problem. My biggest concern is that
the version information (and maybe more) are taken from the coreboot
tree and not the running coreboot.

Nico