[coreboot] Microcode updates for slightly older intel CPU's re: meltdown/spectre

Martin Kepplinger martink at posteo.de
Tue Mar 20 09:17:19 CET 2018

Am 20.03.2018 00:15 schrieb Taiidan at gmx.com:
> So you are saying that sandy and ivybridge have spectre microcode
> updates?
>
> I hate how unclear intel is about this.
>
> How do I patch my coreboot?

Like I said, the update is here for anybody to cherry-pick and test:
https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/blobs/+/23315/

I expect this change to be merged sometime "soon", when reviewed.

Yes, they even updated sandybridge and ivybridge. (For those, you
only need the first of those 4 patches)

Intel doesn't seem to care about informing users directly, at least this
time around.
They've worked with and for their "industry partners" and have left
packaging updates to BIOS vendors. In the end we have a full release
from Intel again though, so we're happy at last :)

                          martin