[coreboot] Can coreboot automatically detects Windows/Linux and provide local/UTC time accordingly?

DickPan at protonmail.com DickPan at protonmail.com
Sat Mar 10 20:07:22 CET 2018

I use both Windows and Linux, try different versions and distributions, and often do clean install of these systems. An problem I faced is the default install of Windows takes the time provided by the board as local time, while Linux takes it as UTC time. After every installation, the first thing I have to do is to configure it.

So instead of configure it at the system level, can this be done at the coreboot/seabios level? Can coreboot or seabios automatically detect the system it is running? Can it automatically provides local time if it detected Windows, while provides utc time when it detected Linux?