[coreboot] Real name policy

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:44:10 CET 2018

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 9:04 AM, <mturney at codeaurora.org> wrote:

> On 2018-03-05 17:50, David Hendricks wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:13 PM, Taiidan at gmx.com <Taiidan at gmx.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> I can't understand as to why doing a git commit requires your "real"
>>> name
>>>

>> SCO.
>>
>> Ref: https://lkml.org/lkml/2004/5/23/10
>>

> Wow, SCO, really?

Well, any (likely failing) company who would rather litigate and "play the
US legal system as a lottery" (as Torvalds put it) instead of investing in
engineering to build/improve their own product.

> If anybody on list is interested, I gave a presentation on the SCO
> litigation to a local LUG in April.2005.
>
> http://recipes4linux.com/os-presentations/2005apr.pdf

Nice! BTW, did you know the case is still ongoing? Check out
https://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/16/16-4040.pdf . Section G begins
with "We are now almost fifteen years into this litigation."

As silly as SCO's claims were, last I heard (years ago) IBM had spent over
a hundred million dollars on the case.