[coreboot] $7 cheap FT232H board as EHCI debug dongle for coreboot - would it work?

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:20:48 CET 2018

> Not likely those PCBs have gone through much testing on assembly line, how about 4...

>From about 100-200 reviews for these cheap " aliexpress boards " so
far I've found just one negative that's quality related and not
shipping related ( FTDI chip was badly soldered ) - quite a low
failure rate. These boards are very simple and their failure rate
mostly depends on the failure rate of FTDI chips and their soldering
quality

> It writes just the same you get with cbmem -c utility, assuming you
can reach OS on the DUT.

Didn't know that, but its' too late ;)

Best regards,
Mike Banon