[coreboot] $7 cheap FT232H board as EHCI debug dongle for coreboot - would it work?

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 11:18:43 CET 2018

Hi Kyosti, Thank you very much for your reply!

I will try to get a couple of these FT232H boards: perhaps just 1 is
required for the successful setup, but these boards are not common
(just 15 or 20 search results) so maybe its' a good idea to take 2 ;)

If this FT232H board works, it would be an ideal replacement both for
commercial AMIDebug Rx / Ajays NET20DC (because much cheaper) and
FX2LP (because no DIY will be required). Maybe this info could even be
added to the official coreboot wiki, but I don't have an account there
and it seems hard to get, so I'm using the DangerousPrototypes wiki

Will write an update when I'd get the boards and test them with AMD
G505S laptop. I'm curious what Lenovo G505S is writing to the coreboot
log while it boots

Best regards,
Mike Banon