[coreboot] how does FSP play its role in Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake

Matt DeVillier matt.devillier at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:46:54 CET 2018

Haswell and Broadwell don't use FSP, they use the MRC blob for RAM init.
For Haswell, coreboot does all of the silicon init as well; for Broadwell,
coreboot does most of the silicon init, and some bits are handled by
another blob (refcode.elf).  Skylake uses FSP (1.1 or 2.0, depending on the
board in question) for both RAM and silicon init.

cheers,
Matt