[coreboot] RISC-V HiFive Unleashed board added to coreboot - has PCI-e slots via exp board

Rudolf Marek r.marek at assembler.cz
Sun Jun 24 22:31:54 CEST 2018

Hi Ron,

Dne 24.6.2018 v 20:59 ron minnich napsal(a):
> and ... there ends my interest in the hifive. A shame.

Well perhaps because the DDR controller is third party IP, see [1] FAQ or here:

> The Freedom U540 SoC is based on the Freedom Unleashed Platform, which has been open sourced. The Freedom Platform is available at https://github.com/sifive/freedom and is maintained by SiFive. In the Freedom Platform, you will find:
>
>     RISC-V Rocket CPU
>     TileLink, a free and open coherent SoC interconnect
>     Low-speed Peripherals: SPI, UART, PWM, GPIO, I2C
>     High-speed Xilinx FPGA Peripheral Wrappers: DDR, PCIe blocks
>     The Freedom U540 contains many 3rd-party IP: cells, pads, PLL, OTP, DDR, GbE, ROM, which are not open-sourced

And,

On Sun, Jun 24, 2018 at 11:47 AM Jonathan Neuschäfer <j.neuschaefer at gmx.net> wrote
> "While we’d love to provide you with this information, we believe we
> cannot. However, we can’t prevent anyone from disassembling the fsbl and
> copying the values sent to the blackbox DDR register map."

I think they are even asking to actually make some open version of FSBL

Thanks
Rudolf

[1] https://www.sifive.com/products/hifive-unleashed/