[coreboot] What happened to the Option ROM options?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Thu Jun 21 03:19:57 CEST 2018

Using KGPE-D16 with master.

The choices for them have been messed around with in kconfig sometime ago:

In /src/device/kconfig
ON_DEVICE_ROM_LOAD has for some reason been changed to require VGA_ROM_RUN
which makes no sense to me (maybe someone could need option ROM's
without VGA option ROM's?)
and VGA_ROM_RUN is not available on boards with native (coreboot) init
irregardless so people don't see it even if they require Option ROM's
for whatever reason without SeaBIOS.

Does anyone know where the changelog for this is? and maybe can explain
what the reasoning is behind it? (if it is not a mistake)

Before...I believe last in v4.5 they were shown all the time.

I attempted to find the change in gerrit etc but I was unable to locate it.

Thanks!