[coreboot] proposal: coreboot docs in separate repo

Branden Waldner scruffy99 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 08:35:53 CEST 2018

Not everyone has access to decent reliable internet and git is pretty
much useless if it gets interrupted. I would prefer to be able to
clone the source code[1] without the documentation without having to
resort to some weird git commands to get it done. Of course, having
git bundles available over resumable http(s) can help a lot with that,
but they are almost never provided.

Just about any use case is going to pull other repos for payloads,
etc. anyway, so I don't see why having the documentation seperate
would be a problem.

[1] I already have the coreboot and board status repos cloned, but
that doesn't change the fact that I had issues getting it done at
first. Board status was particularly bad, over 200 MB to clone, over a
gig as uncompressed text. all just for the script to upload a new
commit - it shouldn't need all that to do it's job.