[coreboot] [RFH] Native AMD fam10-15 support

Kyösti Mälkki kyosti.malkki at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 03:28:35 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 8:28 PM, Merlin Büge <toni at bluenox07.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:45:49 +0300
> Kyösti Mälkki <kyosti.malkki at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> I hear you and weigh your opinion according to the number of commits I
>> can recognize you have authored on the repo.
>
> I just want to mention:
> Generally, helping out with documentation and (especially) code review
> and even ordinary users who report bugs are also a value-add to the
> coreboot project.

Agreed and Talidan should not get offended by previous comment. I get way
more rude and personal in some of my reviews towards commercial vendors.
Apologies for that.

Just recently, cases of RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE=n started to fail to boot
certain payload builds. The accumulated developers time it took to bisect,
discuss and come up with a sub-standard solution for that; should I say 8
hours across 5 active developers. That time is better spent elsewhere, I
consider the discussion of why we deprecate older boards from master just
not productive at all.

Notice that even the little details Matthias provided earlier already moves
us forwards.

The criteria I listed was my personal wishlist as flipping to
RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE=y has proven to be quite easy and the remaining
platforms are:

  northbridge/amd/amdfam10
  northbridge/amd/lx          <- waiting for EARLY_CBMEM_INIT
  northbridge/intel/i440bx    <- already tested
  northbridge/via/vx900       <- I know competent person to do this
  soc/intel/fsp_baytrail      <- I have hardware and know person to
double-check
  soc/intel/fsp_broadwell_de  <- I know competent person to do this

Kyösti