[coreboot] USB to Serial Converters

David Hendricks david.hendricks at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 08:28:24 CEST 2018

Hi Zahra,

On Mon, Jul 23, 2018 at 4:49 AM, zahra rahimkhani
<zrahimkhani2014 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear friends
>
> I compile seaBios and coreboot for Minnowboard max .
> but I do not see output on Serial port .
>
> Does  coreboot support USB to Serial Converters ?
> or how do  I add this feature ?

The Minnowboard Max serial port does not go thru a USB to serial
converter. However, you may need to enable some config options.
Compare a sample config.txt from the supported mainboards page
(https://coreboot.org/status/board-status.html) to your .config file
to see if there is anything obviously missing.

Also, do you have the microcode files from Intel? If not, you can
download them from
https://downloadmirror.intel.com/25063/eng/Baytrail_FSP_Gold4.tgz.