[coreboot] [RFH] Native AMD fam10-15 support

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Fri Jul 13 05:44:12 CEST 2018

On 07/12/2018 10:41 PM, Kyösti Mälkki wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 5:41 AM, Timothy Pearson
> <tpearson at raptorengineering.com <mailto:tpearson at raptorengineering.com>>
> wrote:
>
>     Good to know, thanks for testing!  I've been looking into relocateable
>     ramstage in case suspend was still failing, but if things fell back into
>     place, so to speak, in master we should also look at reactivating REACTS
>     with the suspend tests enabled.
>

> I never suspected RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE=n would be a reason for
> (possible) S3 regressions. The motivation for having
> RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE=y goes beyond the improvement it has on not having
> to do low-mem backup S3 resume path. I am also wondering how S3 resume
> path is taking one minute and how that relates to normal boot path time.
>
> Kyösti

My understanding is that without relocateable ramstage, there are
additional bounce buffers involved that not only slow things down, but
also introduce new code paths that could be responsible for regressions
in resume.  I think avph on IRC is looking into an initial port of the
CAR code for relocateable support, and if things are stable enough in
master to reactivate the REACTS tests on the KGPE-D16 that would help
him iterate more quickly.

--
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering