[coreboot] Kaby Lake FSP

Patrick Georgi pgeorgi at google.com
Wed Jul 11 08:38:34 CEST 2018

Nate, thank you for getting these things out and for the public update!

Could you please ask the lawyers if they consider 2.1 (b) and (c) of the
license sufficient for unmodified redistribution (eg in the coreboot blobs
repo: paths change, the files remain unmodified)? It seems like that should
be possible, but since I'm just a software developer and they're the
lawyers who wrote the license they ought to know.
That would make it easier to create FSP based configurations that build out
of the box with the coreboot tree.

Thanks,
Patrick

Am Mi., 11. Juli 2018 um 03:06 Uhr schrieb Desimone, Nathaniel L <
nathaniel.l.desimone at intel.com>:

> Hi All,
>
> I am a UEFI firmware architect working for Intel Corp. One of my focus
> areas is FSP. There was some prior discussion here regarding the lack of
> public updates for Kaby Lake FSP binaries and headers and questions
> regarding specialized FSP binaries being built for specific boards. I would
> like to clear up some of these questions and concerns. We just pushed all
> of the recently released versions of Kaby Lake FSP (3.1.0 through 3.6.0) to
> https://github.com/IntelFsp/FSP/tree/Kabylake. While there might appear
> to be forks of Kaby Lake FSP, they are actually just snapshots at different
> points in time. For example, there is one commit labelled as "Gold release
> for Kaby Lake FSP" that appears to be special fork for IoT devices... this
> commit is actually just Kaby Lake FSP Release 2.6.0 without any IoT
> specific modifications. Apologies for the confusing commit messages and for
> the temporary lapse in updates.
>
> With Best Regards,
>
> Nate
>
> --

Google Germany GmbH, ABC-Str. 19, 20354 Hamburg
Registergericht und -nummer: Hamburg, HRB 86891, Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Hamburg
Geschäftsführer: Paul Manicle, Halimah DeLaine Prado