[coreboot] [off topic] Opteron CPU missing chips on the bottom

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Jan 30 14:34:22 CET 2018

I purchased a used g34 opteron off of fleabay (sold as working with no
mention of this) and I noticed that it is missing some of the bits on
the bottom and that most of them are crooked, I haven't tried it in my
system yet and I am wondering should return it? or if there isn't any
much risk of it damaging my (expensive kgpe-d16) motherboard and I
should see if it works?
I got it for half the usual price....guess I should have asked for photos.

I noticed many CPU's sold on ebay have this issue (in those cases they
mentioned it) but I can't understand how it happens, for instance I
noticed a 6386 for sale where they mentioned that it was missing a few
and because of that it doesn't work in a dual socket configuration.