[coreboot] Gigabyte Brix

Konrad Eisele eiselekd at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:29:35 CET 2018

> XMLs are stored in compressed format (as Qt resource) inside the FIT
> binary. You can find one approach of extracting them in Positive
> Technologies blog:
>
> http://blog.ptsecurity.com/2017/04/intel-me-way-of-static-analysis.html
>
> You can indeed use FIT for setting the strap but you'll have to find it
> yourself :) Or you
> can just edit the descriptor directly - it's not protected by any
> checksums or signatures. Check e.g. how me_cleaner sets the HAP bit:
>
>     print("Setting the HAP bit in PCHSTRP0 to disable Intel ME...")
>     fdf.seek(fpsba)
>     pchstrp0 = unpack("<I", fdf.read(4))[0]
>     pchstrp0 |= (1 << 16)
>     fdf.write_to(fpsba, pack("<I", pchstrp0))

Hi Igor, I know your work and I want to give kudos to you. However without
being
kritical (it is just like that) I want to note the tips you read i.e. at
winraid.com
really make you just more confused - eather they are refering to programmes
that
are unavailabe or are from different contexts of Bios versions etc, or
require you
to handle weapongrade security bypasses.

Now I spent a whole weekend trying to enable DCI on the Brix. I managed it
in the end using only Ru.efi.

Because maybe coreboot people without the money to buy a SystemStudio and
XDP
hardware for $5000 might find it interesting ther is a writeup here:
https://gist.github.com/eiselekd/d235b52a1615c79d3c6b3912731ab9
b2#file-enabledci-txt
I think this method is reasonably easy and the board is cheap ($400).

// Greetings Konrad