[coreboot] Gigabyte Brix

Igor Skochinsky skochinsky at mail.ru
Sun Jan 21 12:20:54 CET 2018

Hello Konrad,

Sunday, January 21, 2018, 9:02:30 AM, you wrote:

KE> I would like to control the DCI and Debug bits in the boot process
KE> and  dont want to mess with the AMI bios patching.

You can probably set the DCI enable bit in the PCH softstraps in the
descriptor, no need to mess with the BIOS editing.  It seems to be bit 17
in strap 0, right next to the HAP bit:

<LayoutEntry name="PchStrapDciEnabled" type="bitfield32"  value="0x1" offset="0x0"  bitfield_high="17" bitfield_low="17" />
<LayoutEntry name="reserve_hap" type="bitfield32"  value="0x0" offset="0x0"  bitfield_high="16" bitfield_low="16" />

(xml from the Intel Flash Image Tool).

KE> I was wondering weather
KE> there is a port that is near enough so that it might boot at lease long enough
KE> so that I can hook up with the DCI cable...
I think there are some Skylake-based boards in the tree (using Intel FSP), you
could try to start with those  if you want to go down that road.

--
WBR,
 Igor                            mailto:skochinsky at mail.ru