[coreboot] Adopt-A-Commit (vendorcode/amd/agesa)

awokd awokd at danwin1210.me
Sun Jan 14 14:25:58 CET 2018

Could someone familiar with the AGESA codebase please take over or rework
and resubmit what I attempted to do in https://review.coreboot.org/22843?
There are two problems with my version:

A) Microcode blob should go in 3rdparty/blobs and CBFS- completely agree
and understand the reasoning. I found some code in AGESA that appeared to
search for microcode_amd_fam15h in CBFS but when I added the module
manually it still didn't seem to find it. Attempted to debug but my
coding-fu was too weak. If I spent more time on it I could probably figure
it out, but:

B) Real name policy- I didn't realize these were required but see now it's
called out in
https://www.coreboot.org/Development_Guidelines#How_to_contribute. It's my
fault for missing that, but I'm unwilling to compromise my anonymity after
seeing what they did to Appelbaum. Not looking to start a debate either
way. I plan to continue contributing to Coreboot through email.

The key part of my proposed commit is the addition of those two lines to
F15TnEquivalenceTable.c. This permits AGESA's logic to match CPU models
when searching for applicable microcode updates. From there, there should
be a way to fix the code so microcode_amd_fam15h is properly added and
searched in CBFS, which would remove the need to update
F15TnMicrocodePatch0600110F_Enc.c.

On a related note, my next commit was going to be to update
3rdparty/blobs/.../microcode_amd_fam15h.bin. Looks like the microcode in
there for the 6020 processors is outdated (07/23/2014 vs. Debian distro's
01/25/2016). The updated microcode addresses a Piledriver virtualization
vulnerability (
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2016/03/06/amd_microcode_6000836_fix/?page=2).

Please let me know here or via direct email if you have any questions!