[coreboot] HP Elitebook 8770w Suspend-to-RAM

Iru Cai mytbk920423 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 14:26:45 CET 2018

Hi, Rob

SeaBIOS 1.11.0 has some bug which can make S3 resume failed [1], you can
try to use SeaBIOS 1.10.3:

Payload
    Add a payload (SeaBIOS)  --->
    SeaBIOS version (git revision)  --->
    (rel-1.10.3) Insert a commit's SHA-1 or a branch name

[1] https://mail.coreboot.org/pipermail/seabios/2017-December/011962.html

Iru

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 8:57 PM, Robert Reeves <xiinc37 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on porting coreboot to the elitebook 8770w, with the goal
> of submitting what I've come up with once I get it working the way it
> should. Hardware wise it's very similar to the EB 8470p which I based
> the port off of. Almost everything works right now, except for suspend
> to RAM (and grub, but I'll figure that out later). It goes into
> suspend fine, but on resume it simply restarts. I've never done this
> before and I don't really know what I'm doing. I've attached a log
> which includes serial output from both coreboot and debian over
> several power/suspend/resume cycles with every debug option I could
> think of turned on. I'm not sure what to look for, I see several error
> messages, but I'm having a hard time telling which ones are serious
> and which can be ignored. I would appreciate any help, and I would
> like to gain enough experience to be a regular contributor to this
> project.
>
> -Rob
>
> --

My website: https://vimacs.lcpu.club

Please do not send me Microsoft Office/Apple iWork documents. Send
OpenDocument instead! http://fsf.org/campaigns/opendocument/