[coreboot] BDX-DE PCI init fail

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 15:04:40 CET 2018

> 1. There is a 8GB DDR4 memory in my system.

YUP, it is clearly visible from e820. I do not know too much about
setup parameters for DDRs, so it is hard for me to get the DDRX (X)
from MRC logs you have attached at the beginning of this email thread.
I assumed DDR3.

> 2. I don't attach any HDD/SSD and I'll try to use Grub2 to access
> my kernel through USB interface. But I wish I can get shell prompt
> first before starting kernel. Suppose there should be a prompt for
> Grub2 or SeaBIOS, doesn't it?

It certainly does. It just depend how did you configure your Live
Linux on your USB stick (should be MBR partition header, and probably
USB stick should be formatted as ext4 or NTFS).

Please, look here: https://rufus.akeo.ie/ . Please, note that on this
figure: https://rufus.akeo.ie/pics/rufus_en.png partition scheme
should be only MBR, and File System I use in legacy case is NOT FAT32,
NTFS usually (maybe ext2 or ext4).

Under these conditions, USB should show to you GRUB2 setup screen (my
best guess).

Zoran
_______