[coreboot] Can coreboot for KabyLake rvp11 work on Intel Sasby Island kit?

Jay Talbott JayTalbott at sysproconsulting.com
Sat Jan 6 07:13:26 CET 2018

Toan Le,

Be careful using the public Kaby Lake FSP from github for SkyLake-U or KabyLake-U processors… my first attempt resulted in two different CRBs (one RVP7 and one RVP15) becoming boat anchors – even restoring the original BIOS made no difference, the boards were completely bricked and had to be sent back to Intel for new functional replacements. Ultimately, after working through the various issues I was having with the FSP via an IPS case for the past 6 weeks (and trying multiple interim FSP releases provided by the engineering team via VIP along the way), I finally got a working solution just this week.

I have no idea if/when the latest version of the FSP that I am now using which actually works on the RVP7 and RVP15 will be publicly released. That’s completely up to Intel.

Just speaking from personal experience…

- Jay

Jay Talbott
Principal Consulting Engineer