[coreboot] 16 GPUs on one board

Testerman, Brett Brett.Testerman at cobham.com
Thu Jan 4 22:33:12 CET 2018

We use a PLX chip in our design and I will say they are incredibly sensitive to reset. Are you sure your voltages are holding up during startup? The fact that it works with a limited number of GPU’s would be indicative of voltage sag due to the higher inrush current. A slow rise time on the reset signal can cause a lot of devices to not come out of reset properly. Same with the reset line de-asserting before all the voltages were stable.

Brett