[coreboot] Coreboot + Depthcharge

Mark Wylde me at markwylde.co.uk
Wed Feb 28 23:39:26 CET 2018

Hello

I'm trying to put together a step by step guide of building and flashing coreboot to a Chromebook C201.

If you look at the bugfixes part of my guide here (https://gist.github.com/markwylde/4061eab71fa1ec7a27c40a87499924c4#bugfixs), you'll see I've added two problems I had with the master branch of coreboot:

1. Depthcharge is not a payload. The `payloads/Kconfig` file doesn't have an option for Depthcharge. However if you add it and run menuconfig, selecting the new payload, everything works great (well apart from issues 2)

2. Coreboot/Depthcharge can't find a config file for veyron_speedy because `payloads/libpayload/configs/config.veyron_speedy` is not present. If I clone `payloads/libpayload/configs/config.veyron` then it works perfectly.

When you run make you are going to get an error message, something like below:

I'm almost certain my "fixes" aren't actually fixes, and I'm just doing something wrong, if you could correct me I'd be so grateful.

Otherwise, if this is correct I'd be more than happy to try and workout submitting a pull request.

Thanks a lot

Mark