[coreboot] OpenBMC & KGPE-D16

Timothy Pearson tpearson at raptorengineering.com
Sat Feb 24 00:01:13 CET 2018

You need these patches:

https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/19822/

This one in particular:

https://review.coreboot.org/#/c/coreboot/+/19820/

This is noted on the Raptor status page:

https://www.raptorengineering.com/coreboot/kgpe-d16-bmc-port-status.php

See the link to "Initial coreboot patches".

If anyone wants to take over upstreaming of the patches in that list
they are welcome to do so!

On 02/23/2018 04:38 PM, Elisenda Cuadros wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I reflashed (same build) the BMC module with a hotplug. Now it works
> like a charm, it got an ip, I can log through ssh, reboot, etc..
>
> But now I have a new problem. If I try to boot from a halted system,
> with BMC module attached, the system fires up but Coreboot hangs:
>
> Unable to detect valid memory on any nodes.  Halting!
> mct_d: fatalexit
>
> If I remove the BMC module the system boots fine.
>
> I have 4 Micron MT18JSF25672PDZ-1G4F1DD modules, located in CPU1 orange
> slots.
>
> I attach both console logs.
>
> Regards,
>
> - Eli
>

> On 22/02/18 22:36, Timothy Pearson wrote:
>> Actually, for OpenBMC work, hotplugging is often the only way to go.
>> Just be very careful to align the pins correctly the first time; you
>> don't have a second chance if you misalign the pins and fry the module...

>>> Hotplugging is dangerous and not supported, don't do it.
>>> You can use a test clip to externally flash it via a flashing device
>>> (not sure which can do 16 pins though, I would inquire on the flashrom
>>> mailinglist)
>>>
>>> Are you using the latest coreboot? AFAIK coreboot was patched to support
>>> OpenBMC, so you need a new version with the patches.

- --
Timothy Pearson
Raptor Engineering
+1 (415) 727-8645 (direct line)