[coreboot] OpenBSD won't install on an x220 Thinkpad with Coreboot

Robert Milton donteatmyinbox at gmx.com
Thu Dec 20 23:30:36 CET 2018

I'm trying to get OpenBSD to install on an x220 Thinkpad with
Coreboot/SeaBIOS but I'm running into two problems: the ethernet device
doesn't work and OpenBSD doesn't detect my HDD. dmesg said em0 wouldn't
load because the EEPROM had an invalid signature. I have no idea why
OpenBSD doesn't see my HDD though. It's strange because everything works
fine under Linux.  And I cannot seem to mount a usb drive under the
OpenBSD installer to attach dmesg errors.

I originally posted this as a bug report to bug report mailing list but
Theo said it would be better suited for Coreboot's and wasn't a bug in
OpenBSD.