[coreboot] KGPE-D16/KCMA-D8 Tip: Force sensor module load order to avoid the improper changing of hwmon paths which breaks fancontrol

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Fri Dec 14 09:44:34 CET 2018

Hi,

>> Side note: I still wish there was an easier way to do this; I never
>> bothered transferring documentation to GIT because of the added time /
>> complexity vs. the Wiki WYSIWYG editor.

we are writing documentation in markdown now. IMHO, a much better choice
than WYSIWYG because you can work much faster without caring how things
look (if you are not sure about the syntax you can use a modern editor
like Vim that highlights things accordingly). You should just try it,
since I got used to it, it's like writing code, you can finally concen-
trate on the contents. Having things in Git also makes it much easier
to track changes and to have reviewed documentation. The Wiki was full
of nonsense, so the review is really necessary.

> Ditto
>
> I edited and made a variety of very helpful wiki pages but even after
> the community voted to keep the wiki the powers that be got rid of it
> just the same.

You are confusing community with non-developer-only-active-on-the-
mailing-list-not-much-contributing part of the community. At least
that is how the votes against the switch were seen by the coreboot
community.

> When I have some extra cash I am going to create my own coreboot wiki
> website with a copy of the previous one since whomever is in charge no
> longer wishes to host it and I am not willing to transfer everything
> especially without an easy editor and ability to add images/charts
> etc...the latest mediawiki version has a top notch WYSIWYG editor!

There was another reason to abandon the Wiki that you seem to have for-
gotten: Its contents aren't licensed. You can copy them but just be
warned that it might be illegal in your jurisdiction.

Nico