[coreboot] Update Intel microcode

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Thu Dec 13 19:31:51 CET 2018

Hi,

On 13.12.18 16:15, kinky_nekoboi wrote:
> In Debians non-free repo there is already a newer version of Intels
> microcode, patching spectre ng attacks.

did that change? AFAIK, the updates don't patch the Spectre vulnerabili-
ties but rather only the performance regressions introduced by the soft-
ware mitigations that you need anyway. If that changed and there are
security relevant microcode updates that fix something on its own (i.e.
without software mitigations), please let us know.

> why is it not up-to-date in the coreboot blob folder?

Without giving any pointers or version numbers your request seems rather
feeble. I've updated the blobs repo few days ago to 20180807a. What is
still missing review is the submodule pointer in the master branch[1].
If that is the version you'd expect, how should I know?

Nico

[1] https://review.coreboot.org/30081