[coreboot] KGPE-D16/KCMA-D8 Tip: Force sensor module load order to avoid the improper changing of hwmon paths which breaks fancontrol

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Dec 11 02:48:26 CET 2018

Applicable to:
SP5100 AMD C32/G34 systems such as the KCMA-D8 and KGPE-D16.

Situation: If you don't have OpenBMC installed you need to run
pwmconfig/fancontrol to manage fan speeds.

Problem:
Normally the hwmon paths will change almost every boot resulting in the
need to run pwmconfig repeatedly or fix them manually in /etc/fancontrol
- this was driving me nuts so I searched for and found a solution.

Solution:
Create a .conf file in /etc/modprobe.d/ to set sensor module load order
with these contents then reboot and fix the hwmon paths in your
/etc/fancontrol, reboot again and all should be well :D

softdep fam15h_power pre: k10temp
softdep k10temp pre: jc42
softdep jc42 pre: w83795g
softdep w83795g pre: radeon