[coreboot] Asus KGPE-D16 non-working S3 suspend with Qubes 4

Thierry Laurion thierry.laurion at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:50:38 CET 2018

Hi all,

Jumping to the discussion since i've done some tests myself on coreboot
4.8.1 for the Heads project on that board in the past few days.
https://github.com/tlaurion/heads/blob/kgpe-d16-merging_good_order/config/coreboot-kgpe-d16.config
.

The kgpe-d16 refuses to train memory correctly when
"CONFIG_RELOCATABLE_RAMSTAGE=y" is configured in.
This option would be interesting to have, since the s3nv cbfs file in rom
changes at each bootup for some reason that escape my comprehension.

IOMMU is not setuped correctly when "CONFIG_USE_OPTION_TABLE=y" is not
configured in.

On Mon, Dec 10, 2018 at 2:04 PM Merlin Büge <toni at bluenox07.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> as I currently have a D16 right next to me, I thought I'd just test it,
> too. This is with coreboot-4.8-660-gb1d26f0e92. S3 seems to be working
> somehow, but I have to press the power button to make it resume - it
> doesn't react on (USB keyboard) key presses. Also it takes about one
> minute to resume, with 8x 8GB RAM, single CPU.
>
> Just in case it helps somehow...
>
> See the attached coreboot log.
>
> And BTW, yes, the D16 has a serial port exposed at the rear panel.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Merlin
>

> defconfig:
>
> CONFIG_USE_OPTION_TABLE=y
> CONFIG_VENDOR_ASUS=y
> CONFIG_BOARD_ASUS_KGPE_D16=y
> CONFIG_COREBOOT_ROMSIZE_KB_16384=y
> CONFIG_PAYLOAD_GRUB2=y
> CONFIG_GRUB2_EXTRA_MODULES="cat"
> CONFIG_GRUB2_INCLUDE_RUNTIME_CONFIG_FILE=y
> CONFIG_COREINFO_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
> CONFIG_MEMTEST_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
> CONFIG_NVRAMCUI_SECONDARY_PAYLOAD=y
>

> On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 13:32:04 +0000
> petecb via coreboot <coreboot at coreboot.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have not been able to get S3 suspend to work with this board when
> > using Qubes 4. It's running coreboot v4.6 with the default CMOS
> > options. It appears to go into suspend ok but when I try to resume
> > the system does not respond to keyboard or mouse input and pressing
> > the powerbutton results in what appears to be a fresh cold-boot.
> >
> > Does anyone know whether there is a specific coreboot/cmos option I
> > could be missing or if it is a Qubes configuration issue?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Pete
>

> --
> Merlin Büge