[coreboot] Asus KGPE-D16 non-working S3 suspend with Qubes 4

Peter Stuge peter at stuge.se
Mon Dec 10 16:58:54 CET 2018

petecb via coreboot wrote:
> > Narrow the problem down by booting any common Linux distribution
> > (the install media is fine) and as root suspending with
> >
> > echo mem > /sys/power/state
> >
> > ..and see if resume works there. If yes coreboot is not neccessarily
> > off the hook, but xen/Qubes is at least involved.
>
> Thanks for this suggestion. I have now tried it with a Fedora and a
> Knoppix live CD and neither of them can resume from suspend.

Those are good data points!

They indicate a coreboot problem; ie. not at all related to xen/Qubes.

Now it would be very helpful to get debug output from coreboot, which
requires specific hardware. With luck you can use a USB->serial-adapter
that you already have (only specific ones work), otherwise you'll need
e.g. a BeagleBone Black to function as a USB Debug Device.

Or if you are really lucky :) the KGPE-D16 already has a serial port
and you just have to rebuild coreboot with debugging enabled.

//Peter