[coreboot] Asus KGPE-D16 with latest coreboot errors with Unsupported Hardware on Qubes 4 install missing IOMMU?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Sun Dec 2 19:59:33 CET 2018

On 12/02/2018 10:43 AM, Angel Pons wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Sun, Dec 2, 2018 at 4:07 PM petecb via coreboot
> <coreboot at coreboot.org> wrote:
>> Thank you for all those details. I've now compiled a version with the default CMOS settings apart from the following changes
>>
>> Minimum memory voltage = 1.35v
>> experimental_memory_speed_boost enabled
>> 1394 controller disabled
>> SATA ALPM enabled.

But what about the other one that you need? SATA AHCI mode? Of course I
also wouldn't start modding stuff before you get things working to start
though.

> Okay.
>
>> Unfortunately, this results in the Qubes installation on the SSD crashing before it gets to the password prompt and the Qubes installer crashing shortly after booting. They both produce a similar error message that has been too quick to catch so far but mentions "PCI" and "IRQ".
>
> One of the options you selected has the word "experimental" on its
> name. I would suspect it may cause issues.

Ah well the good thing is that it is easy to remedy if you have added
the nvramcui to your selected payload (it is a cmdline cmos settings
utility)

My money is on the memory voltage though since the experimental option
works for me (it is an optimization related to 63xx CPUs not actually
RAM itself)