[coreboot] T450S + Coreboot

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Tue Aug 28 20:20:29 CEST 2018

Hi Mike,

you can be as much biased as you want, and you can express that here. I
have no trouble with that. What I don't like is your choice of words.
For instance with "Undoubtedly, Intel ME is a backdoor," you imply to
know everybody's opinion on the matter. Because I don't think you are
the creator himself, this draws a big WTF? into my brain.

You can say "In my opinion, Intel ME is a backdoor, ..." but you can't
say it's undoubted. I don't only doubt that, IMHO, it is a frontdoor.

You also claim that things are well studied which are not. A replay of
a proprietary program might be open-source technically, but it doesn't
mean that anybody has a clue how it works.

So please, if you want to express your *personal* opinion or "knowledge"
please always state so. And don't make it look like the general under-
standing (especially not when experts disagree).

Nico