[coreboot] USB cannot work

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Wed Aug 22 10:38:05 CEST 2018

Hi Hilbert,

Am 22.08.18 um 03:24 schrieb Hilbert Tu(杜睿哲_Pegatron):
> Maybe you are right. But as I know, CRB Harcuvar is one of supported
> board of Coreboot and it includes xHCI controller and USB interfaces.

Harcuvar is indeed supported by coreboot. But coreboot only initializes
the hardware up to a point where an OS or bootloader can use it. The OS
or bootloader still needs its own driver for the hardware. This is very
different as in the legacy BIOS/UEFI case (a BIOS would provide a driver
but coreboot doesn't).

So if you want to use GRUB as a coreboot payload and use USB, GRUB needs
its own driver for the xHCI. I would first try to confirm if or if not
the xHCI works with other payloads (e.g. SeaBIOS, Tianocore, libpayload
based) or an OS.

Nico