[coreboot] USB cannot work

Nico Huber nico.huber at secunet.com
Tue Aug 21 12:48:45 CEST 2018

Hello Hilbert,

Am 21.08.18 um 12:09 schrieb Hilbert Tu(杜睿哲_Pegatron):
> From BWG(BIOS Write Guide), there are two steps needed to be done for USB to work:
>
> 1.      Pre-Operating Software Initialization
>
> 2.      EHCI Initialization for Pre-OS Software Usage
>
> Does anyone know where these steps are implemented in Coreboot?
> Thanks.

I don't but my educated guess is:

1. In FSP.

2. Your payload.

Though, there is a pitfall I guess. If the public datasheet for Den-
verton is correct, there is *no* EHCI. And this might be your actual
problem: If you only have an xHCI controller, it doesn't work with GRUB
simply because GRUB doesn't have a driver for xHCI. AFAIK, nobody wrote
one yet.

> -Hilbert
> This e-mail and its attachment may contain information that is
> confidential or privileged, and are solely for the use of the individual
> to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient
> or have received it accidentally, please immediately notify the sender
> by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this email and its attachment.
> Please be advised that any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or
> copying of this email or its attachment is strictly prohibited.

This footer makes absolutely no sense when you address a mailing list. I
wouldn't be surprised if you get less answers because of it.

Nico