[coreboot] [URGENT] Full List of AMD-based boards that are going to be removed from coreboot unless people cough up a board status update

Mike Banon mikebdp2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 10:39:25 CEST 2018

Sadly these apu2//3//4//5 require a closed source AMD PSP binary to
run: less freedom for user, also - a possible remote control hardware
backdoor there, like Intel ME ! Thats why I prefer K8/10h/14h/15h/16h
- all the AMD architectures that are not PI / PSP. Even if the
manufacturer has declared some boards as EOL, its not that important:
many of these boards still have enough performance for the wide range
of tasks, and some people are still running coreboot even at K8
boards! ASROCK 939A785GMH/128M and ASUS M2V-MX SE had the board_status
reports at Nov/Dec 2017 - yes, a bit outdated, but still younger than
6 months - so these K8 boards are relatively safe (for now). Just hope
that the other coreboot owners of AMD boards would submit their
board_status reports, to avoid a situation when they return to us a
couple of months later only to find out that their board has been
removed and complain a lot