[coreboot] asrock-B75-pro3-m

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Tue Apr 17 22:00:25 CEST 2018

On 04/14/2018 06:45 PM, CarlosGonzalez via coreboot wrote:

> Hello: coreboot team
> I am look for help on coreboot install, I have issues to get work coreboot on my side, so I have many questions to understand this field.
> 1) I have asrockB75Pro3m with !7 k serie. this will wok with coreboot?
The board no - I have no idea what chipset that is so you would have to
check yourself if it is supported.
If you want more information from me you need to do what the wiki
suggests and include dmesg, lspci -vv etc.
> 2) will coreboot work without ME intel?
Yeah you can use me cleaner to nerf (but not disable which is
impossible) ME.
> 3) When i use -E from flashrom this erase regions including ME intel?
The ME region is locked and must be modified with an external flash.
>  If yes can I put ME intel back using flashrom?
Yeah.
> 4) what command to use on flash coreboot in asrockB75Pro3m?
> 5) Is nesesary do layout to get coreboot work? if yes how I do a correct layout?
The info is on the wiki, the layout is extracted from the OEM firmware.

You would be better off time and money wise by just buying a board that
already supports what you want - porting takes months for an expert
firmware programmer or tens of thousands to pay someone else to do it.