[coreboot] How to handle vbt.bin

Nico Huber nico.h at gmx.de
Sun Apr 15 13:43:43 CEST 2018

On 15.04.2018 12:48, Patrick Rudolph wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-04-05 at 11:34 -0500, Matt DeVillier wrote:
>>>
> I would like to see them in 3rd party repo, as we don't process them,
> as Matt pointed out.
>
>>> Files are concatenated, I don't see how this is treating sth. as
>>> source.
>>>
> They are changed from ASCII/text to binary format, so yes it's a source
> file.

lol. I had that discussion before, and no: hexdumping something doesn't
make it source (code).

Is this really where you want to draw the line? can I put my ME firmware
into the main repo too if I hexdump it?

Btw. there is no reason to have SPDs as hex. Should we move them to
3rdparty/blobs too?

Nico

PS. Please fix your mail client. It shouldn't break quoted lines.

PPS. If VBT ends up in 3rdparty/blobs, please also make a distinction
     in Kconfig between binary programs and configuration data (or get
     rid of USE_BLOBS).