[coreboot] When does AMD release the fam15 spectre microcode updates?

Taiidan at gmx.com Taiidan at gmx.com
Fri Apr 13 02:44:37 CEST 2018

On 04/12/2018 09:06 AM, Mike Banon wrote:

>> AMD kept their promise.
> Are you sure? I cannot find any download links except for the Windows 10.
> Yes, theoretically it should be possible to unpack those monstrous .cab files
> aimed for Win10 and extract a microcode hidden somewhere, but this is stupid.
> Do you have the download links for the standalone microcode updates?
Yeah its absolutely retarded but this is par for the course these days,
I unfortunately have no idea where to obtain them but they apparently do
exist.

The so called experts in charge these days think letting us peons own
and control our computer, and run and have access to whatever code we
please is simply too dangerous.
In this absurdly risk adverse society they don't want to have any tech
support requests because they released it to everyone and "help it
doesn't work".